A few things herald the arrival of the holidays: twinkling lights, the smell of balsam in the air, ribbon and wrapping paper, out-of-office email messages, and fresh joy in our hearts. This year, with our new baby girl, I wanted us to have a proper holiday card. This is baby’s first Christmas after all, and I want to remember this time.
These Eloquii x Paper Source holiday cards make me so happy!
If you’re unfamiliar with Paper Source, the cards are super high quality, the prints are vibrant, customizing is easy, and shipping is fast. I love that you can add extras, like these beautiful spruce green envelopes lined in gold foil. So special!
You can select your favorite card styles and prints–there are many, look here!
Here are my tips for a great family photo.
- Plan to take photos in late November to early December to allow enough time for printing and mailing in time for the holidays.
- Make your outfits festive, but opt for styles that feel true to everyone. I wanted everyone to be comfy in their outfits so that we could get out the door easily.
- Mom pro-tip: Hats and bows on kids add a wintry touch to your photos–and they make hair styling a little easier too.
- Plan the right setting for your photos, one with plenty of natural light. Maybe it’s your backyard, your living room, or the Christmas tree farm. I love rustic Christmas vibes, so we went to this beautiful red barn near our home.
- Take images in the morning if you have little kids: that’s when everyone has plenty of energy and good cheer.
- Have someone you trust behind the camera. I worked with my longtime photographer and friend Jessica Castro.
- Choose the photo in which you look the cutest–OK OK, the best photo overall, lol.
- Have fun and save the outtakes! One day, we’ll look back lovingly on those moments.
- Add bright or lined envelopes to your holiday cards; they make them extra special.
- Enlist the kids’ help in signing and stuffing cards into envelopes. Julia especially likes affixing stamps and dropping letters off at the post office.
Want to get your own holiday cards printed? Check out all the options and use this special discount code: PSXOQ30. You’ll save 30% off entire order OR save on custom products + 30% all other items. Valid through 11/24.
P.S. This dress from Eloquii ended up being such a gorgeous choice (it’s easy-to-wear, light, and doesn’t wrinkle, making it a great choice for pictures and parties.) You can find it here! I’m also wearing the coziest Eloquii pajamas above, find those here!