New Year, New Me! How many times have your heard or said these words! It's that time of year where we all want to begin with a fresh new slate and make some resolutions. I personally am awful at keeping resolutions, and gave up years ago even trying. Honestly every time I made a resolution, by the end of the month had been broken, it made me feel horrible about self. So what's the point of setting my self up to fail, when I knew that I would fail. I'm not always the best at keeping promises to my self, but coming through for others I will not disappoint. So this year I want to try something different, by not setting unreasonable resolutions to my self. Instead I am setting goals that will help me grow spiritually, have a healthier lifestyle and challenge me. You see 2015 is not only a new year but it's the year of a milestone birthday for me. 2015 brings me into a new age bracket, that just a few years seemed scary for me to say out loud. I will admit to still not being 100% comfortable in saying I will be 40, so there I said it...this year I will turn 40 YEARS OLD! Or as a friend said when she turned 40 just a few months, I'll be 20:20...doesn't t that sound much better...Hello 20:20!
In 2015 I welcome turning 20:20 and will not cry over it. I will embrace this new stage of life, and make it even better than the previous. I will smile when people say "you don't look like your 40!", because I sure don't feel like it! Not sure what 40 is suppose to look or feel like, but I will welcome 20:20 with open arms! I will proudly say my age, when asked and enjoy every second of this new generation.
My goals for 2015 are not going to be the typical lose weight, get organized or save money. Instead I want to set my goals to give my life purpose, be happy and just enjoy the moment. It's such a cliche, but I want 2015 to be about the little things in life that matter and make me happy.
Here are my 10 goals for 2015:
1) smile and laugh more, it does make you feel happier
2) cook more, it will surely help with getting healthier and possibly lose weight!
3) spend more time out doors and less time on the computer. Gasp!
4) meditate more, it's helps clear my head
5) explore more, my neighborhood, my state, my country or the world. I'm open to it all!
6) spend more time with friends doing brunch, I don't "do brunch" often enough.
7) listen to more audio-books, I'm not a great reader, but I do love a good audio-book
8) dance more, because it's fun!
9) learn more, learn a new trade, new language or new skill
10) love more, in every way possible...I'm a sucker for love
2015 I'm ready for you! I'm ready to make changes in life that really matter. I'm ready to live for me and be happy with my choices and the person I have become. I'm ready to be 100% me and love my self as I am!
This post is part of collaboration with my #UntamedStyle sisters. Check them out and read their post for this months series. Have great New Year! :)
Vanessa from Sweet Leigh
Zadry from Curves a la Mode
Pia from Chronicles of a Mixed Fat Chick